Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"We don't dip our toes"

Tonight at dinner, my wife and I had finished eating, and so had left the table to try to finish restoring order to our house before our nephew came home from sports camp. I walked into the dining room in time to witness my daughter with her toe in her mouth, a feat I have not been able to accomplish since Reagan was in office.

I didn't think much of it at first, since she often puts her feet on her head to highlight my lack of flexibility. Upon glancing back though, I watched her take her toe out of her mouth, dip it in a leftover puddle of sauce from dinner on her plate, and promptly put her toe back in her mouth.
Ah, now I understand. Having eaten all the other vehicles for carrying sauce to her mouth, she was resorting to using the utensils God gave her.

A few seconds after this realization, my wife uttered the quote in the title, and I walked to the computer to write this blog.

-The Krunchy Krab

No comments: