Wednesday, July 04, 2007

They just don't make them like they used to...

Remote controls that is. I just got this cool remote that my brother purchased for me (he's a low voltage electrician... translation: He gets to install really cool A/V equipment in rich people's houses. Ok, I know he does more than that, but that's all I'd want to do)

It's proving fairly complicated to program, especially since none of my devices (except for my Xbox) are explicitly built in. That's kind of nice though because it forces me to customize it a lot more by learning from my existing remotes and picking and choosing which buttons I want to bother to program.

The coolest thing? Well, one of them? Macros - My main menu has "Activities" that you select. If you hit "Watch DVD" it will turn the TV on, turn the DVD player on, hit channel 3, switch to DVD, and eject the tray so you can insert a disk. It even controls our fan, and I set a macro to automatically turn it to the lowest setting (which I think helped my wife be more accepting to the idea of a new remote)

Anyway, It'll probably take me a few more days to finish programming the thing exactly how I want it. :)

-The Krunchy Krab

No comments: