Saturday, July 07, 2007

My Real 100th Post

I thought I would provide a montage of some of my favorite pictures and memories from over the years. This should be enjoyable. A note, the caption/discussion of each photo can be viewed below the photo. Hopefully that will avert any confusion. I'd hate to have you looking at a picture of my wife while I'm talking about my cat, and wondering what kind of person I am. Anyway, without further ado here is a brief history of my life.

I was born in 1978, right about the same time as Microsoft. It was a good year for the world.


When I was in my pre-teen years, I joined the KCPQ Kids Club. This is a scan of my membership card. I'm not showing the back because I don't want you to be able to forge my signature, and also the secret code decoder is on the back.


This was our cat when I was growing up. Her name is "Boo" It started out as "The Little Baby Boo-Boo" and was shortened over time. She died a few years ago.


As you can see, this is a picture of my friend and I in April 1993 - towards the end of the 8th grade. I'm wearing my typical B.U.M. T-shirt (I had no other brand of T-shirt)


Fast forward a couple of years to college. This is a picture of another friend and I at a fourth friend's wedding. These friends are getting complicated.


This is a picture of me, freshman year at college. I was entering the Electrical Engineering program, thus the weird symbols above my head. They were actually drawn there for the class pictures.


This was mostly what I did in college. In case you're wondering what that is, it is marshmallows - we had "kneaded" them for several hours to make them into stretchy sheets, that felt kind of like a sticky latex glove. They tasted much better though.


This is a sized down version of my Junior design team picture. I was too lazy to crop it and make it appear larger. Our group name was "WTF" which any network gamer will immediately find amusing. It did in fact cause quite a gasp and chuckle in class when we announced it. However, we did have to tell our professor what the letters stood for, so we said it meant "We Three Friends" Ha!


Shortly after I arrived at college, I met this nice lady and at the end of our junior year, I professed my undying love for her. We remained good friends after she politely told me no way, and I managed to win her affection later that summer.


And there was much rejoicing on my part, since now my undying love was being returned. About this time, all our friends started getting married.


And everyone jumped for joy.


Enter the digital age. Being a computer jock, I soon acquired my first digital camera and began snapping pictures of everything that moved. Also, stationary objects. If it existed, I have a picture of it. But I soon ran out of things to photograph. No problem, let's go to Europe!


This is an Austrian poopsmith. I kid you not. Ok, maybe a little. This guy does walk around behind the tourist buggies in Salzburg and scoop the poop. But I don't know if there's even a German word for poopsmith.


While in Europe, one must try out the automobile-shock-absorber-turned-kid's-toy. I had no more luck dismounting this toy that I do dismounting American versions. Yes, I had to be rescued shortly after this photo was taken.


We were all very tired when we returned. Some more than others. I should never have put down the camera.


The trip to Europe was a result of my research in grad school, which I was midway through by this point. Day in and day out, I slaved away over electronics in a laboratory, emerging only to attend classes and ride the bus to pick up my wife.


I was lucky, in that my wife worked nearby at Children's Hospital. We were able to commute together, which made life good.


But there was something missing... and then we realized what it was. A baby! So we had one. Here she is. Isn't she cute?


I think she warrants a second picture. Awwww.

And thus ends my brief history of life. I took the above picture at Carkeek park two years ago. I hope you've enjoyed this look into what makes me tick. Thank you for reading my 100th post!

-The Krunchy Krab

1 comment:

Bob said...

To which I say: Hey! Look at that! You used a label!