Tuesday, July 03, 2007

A look back to college

Back in college when I had time to work on an actual website (translation: I had no real job), my web design went through several phases. Some of you (my three loyal dedicated readers) will remember them I'm sure. First was the coffee background, with my statistics about my air hockey matches with Mr. Science, then came my random site, very much like a blog but more clunky (clunkier?) and then I switched to my professor quotes.

I still have backups of these sites somewhere, which I hope to find soon and post some snippets of, for nostalgia. But I was remembering back to the inspiration for my random website... I stole my color scheme from a website called Monzy.com - stole is a term I use more loosely than Mr. Monzy would, I'm sure. I liked the shade of blue he used, so I used the same shade of blue. How did I find Monzy? Well, I had a friend from high school that went to the same school, Carnegie Mellon, and he sent me a link to his page.

I'm sure that by linking to him here he will track the traffic coming in to his site (which he has converted to a blog as well) and he will once again come to visit my site, just as he did back in 1999. (At least, my stats tracker back then told me he visited)

His site is amusing as usual. He even took the time to repost all his old hard coded html blogs into properly timestamped blogs when he converted his site. I highly recommend reading his post in October 1998 - he probably won't believe I remember that, but I have repeatedly referred to some of his Halloween costume ideas in years since.

Anyway, I'm going to go try to dig up some of my old websites... hopefully I'll find something interesting I can put up here.

-The Krunchy Krab

1 comment:

Bob said...

Shockingly, now that you jogged my memory, I remember that Halloween costume post from 1998 as well. Huh.