Friday, July 06, 2007

Not enough hours in the day...

I imagine with the title of this post you think I'm going to write about how busy I am, there's not enough time to get everything done that I want to... well, I'm sorry to disappoint. If you had asked me a year ago, I may have said that, but I would have been wrong.

You see, I realized something. God created the days, and He set their length. God created us as well, all of His creation was designed to operate together. Who am I to ever question how long the days are? No, I realized that if the day is too short for what I am trying to fit into it, there are only two possible reasons for why:

1) I waste large amounts of time. I know I am guilty of this.

2) My priorities are wrong.

I think everyone is guilty of the first crime... but this isn't really the big problem. No, number 2 is definitely my stumbling block, and I have no doubt this is behind most people thinking there aren't enough hours in the day.

By priorities, I am not speaking of being efficient with my time by working on the most important task first, etc. That plays more into the first reason. No, I am speaking of the larger Priorities of my life. Yes, I meant to capitalize that.

How we use the time allotted to us will reflect our priorities in life.

Just something to think about in our spare time.

-The Krunchy Krab

No comments: