Sunday, December 09, 2007

Playoff time!!!




As many of you know, I've become somewhat of a fantasy sports fanatic in the past few years. I've never really done very well, and this football season started out ho-hum as usual. But then the Seahawks started winning. Which I know, might seem unrelated, but I tend to draft a lot of Seattle players in my fantasy teams for two reasons:


1) Seattle teams are generally viewed as crappy, and so no one wants to draft their players.

2) I like Seattle teams even though they are actually usually as crappy as everyone thinks they are.

3) But as a result, I usually get to actually draft all my top choices.


So, I started the year ho-hum, but as I say, then the Seahawks started winning. And so I started winning. By a lot. I've still lost my share of games, but I've managed to take down all the top teams in my league a few times.


First the standings in my league. There are three divisions with four teams in each. Playoffs include each division leader, plus 1 wild card. I am the highlighted row in the top division, as of this morning I was tied for the lead in my division. Now for this week's scores:

As you may notice, I'm playing my division rival head to head this week. This is the last week of the regular season, so the winner of this takes the division.

My success this week is due to two things:

1) The Seahawks manhandled the Cardinals, totalling 5 sacks, 5 interceptions, 1 safety, and 1 DTD. Not to mention Hasselbeck threw for 4 touchdowns, and I have Burleson (an addition I made today to my lineup) and Branch, so I got 6 touchdowns off the Seahawks today. Plus I have Josh Brown, so I got two field goals and 4 extra points.

2) The Steelers got stomped today. My opponent had the Steelers DST, and they gave him a grand total of 0 (zero) points to my Seahawks DST's 25 points. Sweet.

So, for the first time, I am now in the playoffs, and having a team full of Seahawks who have just about the easiest schedule for the rest of the season, I'm looking forward to maybe winning it all this year. What will I get? Nothing really. But I'll be able to taunt some people.

-The Krunchy Krab

No comments: