Thursday, December 20, 2007

Out of all the losers, I came in ... second.

Rats. What a week. I lost terribly in fantasy football to the hidden delight of my wife. But it's over now. (The week) I've got 6 days off, one day of work, then 6 more days off. Should be fun! Well, at least I think I'll get to catch up on sleep.

My birthday is coming up. Actually as I write this it's in 8 minutes. Probably by the time I click publish it will be my birthday. It looks like it will be one of the most low-key birthdays of all time, which is fine with me.

Speaking of sugar, does anyone else have the problem of fate trying to send them into diabetic shock at this time of year? Every day at work, more and more desserts would magically appear in the kitchenette. We had our December birthday brunch on Wednesday, which was when the treats seemed to peak. Imagine a table covered first in standard breakfast fare: scrambled eggs, bacon, bagels with lox and cream cheese, etc. Then add 3 dozen doughnuts, two pies, muffins, cupcakes, cookies, a Costco 5 lb bag of hard candy, and a bag of Jalepeno Tim's Cascade chips. (One guy always brings those chips, don't ask me why)

Upon leaving the brunch, we found someone had also brought homemade biscotti, and a plate of cookies. My willpower was waning. I decided to buy a can of Diet Coke - I've pretty much given up pop of any kind, but I left my water bottle at home, so it was pop or nothing. Here's where I knew I was destined for a high blood sugar reading: I pushed the button for Diet Coke and a regular Coke came out. That's my favorite thing in the whole world. I love having to buy more than one of something to get one of something I want. Have I blogged about the people who stuff the vending machine at work incorrectly so you have to buy 3 bags of chips to get 2? I think I have.

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas. That's right I said Merry Christmas. Check your calendars - it's on there. Nowhere is a day labled 'Holidays'

-The Krunchy Krab

No comments: