Thursday, June 28, 2007

"No opera plot can be sensible, for people do not sing when they are feeling sensible."

First off, I cannot claim to have coined the great quote in my title, it was said by WH Auden. It is one of my new favorite quotes, however.

You remember my post about my wife's new Franciscan monk dishes? For those of you who think I'm out of my mind, we have the official Franciscan dish guidebook, and it features a picture of a monk.

Anyway, my wife now has a corresponding post on her blog. So it appears our bedroom will follow suit, matching our new everyday dishes. Now, I'm not complaining, but my life continues to diverge, decoratively speaking, from how I would normally choose to decorate it. I sleep under 4 pictures of hearts formed by rocks and rice cakes. There are teacups and saucers displayed prominently in our dining room. We have plants. Some of our windows are adorned by curtains... some of those are even lace.

I will admit, my wife has given me the square foot right next to the front door, so my glass display cabinet with some of my collectibles is the first thing people see when they come in (besides my daughter jumping and yelling at them from the top of the stairs). I also have the garage... but half my storage out there is consumed with strollers, playpens, and other baby apparatus.

I know that as soon as I publish this post, my wife will ask for the computer so she can read my blog, and I will soon have pointed out to me just how many decorations I have on the walls. Oh yeah, I have about 30 4"x4" photos in frames in various locations.

But I'm not complaining, really I'm not. And no, I have no idea where I'm going with this. Hmm... maybe I'd better reboot my blogging gland. If I feel so inspired, I'll probably post again tonight. Maybe I'll bake something.

-The Krunchy Krab

No comments: