Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Hmm. We see you have boom-boom sticks. Bye bye!

I'm attempting to discover what in my life is marching forward, inversely proportional to how my hairline is marching back. So far, I've identified the following possibilities:
1) My nosehair. I haven't visually confirmed this, but it's always worried me that I may someday grow nosehair.
2) The mileage on my truck. I'm beginning to reconsider whether I want to make it to 200,000 miles or not.
3) The number of toilet plungers I own. This one seems a little far-fetched, since I didn't own a toilet plunger until 2002, and my hairline has been in a steady retreat since 1995.
4) My progression towards becoming a superhero - Engineering Man. Right around the same time my hair began to make its not so hasty exit, I became interested in engineering. I wasn't monitoring my hair closely enough at the time, but I think my hair began to fight back for a short time while I was working at Target in 2002. Alas, I was unable to conduct a proper extended study before I left Target, and started marching down the road of baldness again when I left.

So, I suppose right now that number 4 is the most likely explanation. I guess it doesn't matter though, at some point, it will all have to come off.

-The Krunchy Krab

No comments: