Sunday, July 06, 2008

I can spare thee no longer

Up until this point I've spared everyone (all three of you) my constant rantings about fantasy baseball. My wife LOVES fantasy sports (actually, contrary to the sarcastic tone, she has agreed to take part in fantasy football this year)



But it is now halfway through the season, and things are finally looking up, so I thought I'd write an update. I began the season in the depths of despair, having the absolute last draft pick. As it turned out, that was a sort of blessing, because I was always able to make two draft picks in a row. Also, since my strategies for fantasy sports tend to differ from other peoples' strategies, my top players were still available.



Anyway, the draft was done, and it was on to the season. Oh, I could hardly wait.

The first 13 weeks breezed by. I won my first game, oh joy! Then three losses in a row. I was sunk. Then, three wins in a row. Back and forth. Finally, I was one game over .500 after the ninth week (5-4). Since then, it has been smooth sailing.

Entering this week, I was in a three way tie for the best record in the league, 9-4, having won the last 4 weeks in a row. On to this week.

I was favored to win this week's matchup by 111 points. I did that almost exactly. The other two teams I was in a tie with both lost, so I am now all alone at 10-4. I'm favored to win my next two weeks by 155 points combined. So, I'm fully expecting to be 12-4 when I get to face some tougher opponents again. Who knows, I might finally win it all - not bad for only my second season of fantasy baseball!

-The Krunchy Krab

No comments: