Saturday, November 17, 2007

My wife thinks I'm crazy.

I have begun decorating the house for Christmas. I know, I know. I'm also one of those people who gets annoyed when Target puts back to school supplies out July 5th. But I have good reasons. It all started about 10 days ago, with a day which I knew would be one of the last clear dry days of the year. So, I decided to go do the roof part of the job, hanging the icicle lights across the edge.
I intended to just put them up, but then the bug hit. I've added a little more every day. Next it was the icicle lights on the catwalk outside the living room window. Then I put blue lights in the one evergreen shrub/tree by the sidewalk. There was no turning back. There are now lights in the junipers, 6 spiral trees in the main part of the yard, three more trees and a reindeer in the side yard. I have 6 mini trees in the garage, one more large spiral tree, two more reindeer, and 200 feet of icicle lights waiting to go out. There's another reindeer in the shed, three blue spotlights, two sets of snowflakes (20 flakes) and some more mini lights. Then I hope to somehow tastefully incorporate the blue and white ropelights in the basement.
Of course I'll have to add to my display this year. I'm just not sure what to add yet. I've also got two cool red tinsel cardinals with lights... those will look neat on the catwalk.
Sorry honey. At least I try to keep the display tasteful. You know I've always wanted one of those giant snowglobes on the roof.

I'll put some pictures up once it's all assembled.

-The Krunchy Krab

No comments: