Monday, October 15, 2007

Well, at least it hasn't been a month...

I know I've been a major disappointment to you all. My last post was 9/22. It must be time for a picture post! Blogger's photo upload is broken, so I'm hosting these myself.



It all started when I volunteered to do portraits at the fall festival at church. It was fun, but absolutely exhausting. 3+ solid hours of on my feet-getting people positioned, then shooting the picture, transferring the picture to the laptop and printing it. They gave me highschoolers to tape the prints to the frame-cards and put them on the distribution table.





This nice family stopped by to have their photo taken. Isn't their daughter cute?


She came back a little later to crawl around on the hay while the photographer was catching a bite to eat.


Wall, ok little ladies... you just lean on me and I'll circle the wagons.


After the fall festival, I started getting phone calls from people. Apparently, the church had just been waiting for someone to express an interest in photography. I was commissioned to take pictures the next weekend at our senior pastor's going away party.


Being a good Lutheran, I made sure to take time to partake in the potluck lunch. This is a member of our church board enjoying some lasagna.


We had a visit from some super hero - Captain something or other... this picture doesn't really do him justice. This is our worship leader doing some nutso skit in Converse and a cape.


From the look of his buck teeth, I wouldn't want this guy up in my face.


Then we came home and began to clean. We had been steadily accumulating a pile of "stuff" to donate for awhile. When we heard from friends in Mill Creek that we could use their driveway to sell at the twice yearly community garage sale, we decided to see if we could make a buck or two. It was a great day! I suppose this cleaning inspired my wife, who suddenly decided to clean out our files. These 5 bags (65 gallons total) are shredded papers that we had been storing but no longer needed.


On to the next thing - shortly after, we hosted a baby shower at our house for a couple from our small group in church. We had close to 30 people. A lot of work, but hey our house got deep cleaned!


I had been asked to do portraits for a local high school homecoming. I needed to borrow some studio lighting from a friend, so I snapped some photos of the Country Village harvest festival while I was there to pick up the lighting. Busy place! I've never had to park as far back in the extra parking lot as I did that day.


Then it was on to the homecoming. It was a very small high school - I think there were about 25 kids there. As you can probably tell, it was a 50's diner theme.





Ah highschoolers. They'll have a different look on their faces when they get their first electric bill.


This was about half the class.


These two wanted to pose for the most pictures. The one on the right told me she was going to order a bunch of prints and make a photo wall in her room.


You think he looks happy now?
Just wait.

That's right buddy, enjoy it while it lasts.


So, that brings us pretty much up to date. It's been a busy few weeks, but very fun. I'll try to post a little more often now. Thanks for reading!

-The Krunchy Krab

No comments: