Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A day in the life of two ladies...

It's time for another picture post.

My daughter had a friend over today. We ended up going outside to enjoy the great weather. Thus began the great adventure...

The meeting was called to order by my daughter's friend. The picnic table proved a good place to plan out a busy day.

Being avid rock collectors, they decided to peruse the fine selection of gravel adjacent to the house. Being purists, they naturally left their finds here in order that future enthusiasts might enjoy them as well. Also because daddy gets mad when he has to re-grind his lawn mower blade.

Their rock collecting finished, they decided to play rock-paper-scissors to see who would choose the next activity.

Having won the contest, my daughter led her friend on a bold adventure to the far reaches of the backyard... otherwise known as the forest area. Despite the appearance, her father is winning the war against the weeds, but there have been many long battles.

After their long trek, it was time to play tennis. Warmups took place on the grass court near the wood pile.

The actual match soon commenced about 10 feet away on the world's shortest tennis court with the invisible net. They were fairly evenly matched, although my daughter's friend was able to actually swing the racket, so I can only assume that had my daughter been able to serve a ball in the general vicinity of the swinging racket, her friend would have likely won.

Playing catch proved to be an activity they could both participate in equally. They started a little far apart though...

Yes, that's much better.

Having completed the feats of strength, they climbed into the car to go shopping. Apparently, they were planning on visiting the fruit market. They never did bring me the broccoli I asked for though. In case you're wondering, that car is really only about 2 inches wider on each side than my daughter, so her friend is actually sitting on her, but somehow my daughter managed to get her arms around so she was the one steering.

They had some car trouble on the way...

But being master mechanics, they were soon on their way again.

After my daughter parked the car, my neighbor started chainsawing (yes I was envious) something in his backyard. My daughter's friend went bonkers - "A man is sawing in the bushes! Yay!" They both had to go investigate.

All in all, it was a productive day between two good friends. Refreshments in hand, they settled down at the table to reminisce about times gone by when they were young.

-The Krunchy Krab

No comments: