Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Employment


This is an example of an ACP (see below, you'll understand)

To give you an idea of the kinds of tasks that arise in my workplace, I will offer you this tidbit.

Two engineers arrived in my cubicle today, in the middle of a discussion, wanting my opinion on something. We build electronics for airplanes, and right now we're in the middle of final testing on our product that is going on the Boeing 787. So, it is in this testing that people begin poring over the Boeing product requirements to make absolutely sure that we meet all of them.

So, someone had found a requirement that in order to prevent mold from growing inside the unit, it was not good enough to have a sealed box. We were required to ensure that none of the materials used to make our product used "nutritive" ingredients.

I listened to them argue for a few minutes, and then interrupted. "So, what do you want me to do?"

"Well, we need to figure out if anything in the ACP (the product) is nutritive."

Me: "So, you want me to find out if the ACP is edible."

"Yes."

So, I told them to bring me a unit, and I would put some seasoning and barbecue sauce on it and try to eat it.

I don't think they got the joke.

*Sigh*

I can't wait to find co-workers that appreciate my humor.

-The Krunchy Krab

No comments: