Saturday, January 05, 2008

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to everyone.

I hope everyone's holidays were better than these guys' who ran the failed Seattle New Year's fireworks. Word is, all their software is custom written in house, so if a "corrupt file" is to blame, it's likely completely their fault.

But on to more important or interesting things. I was browsing msn.com today and didn't see anything that I really felt like clicking on, but then noticed one story out of the corner of my eye that caught my attention. Here's an image of today's MSN.com homepage:


Don't notice anything funny? Let me whip out Microsoft's handy-dandy magnifier:


Help! I've lost 20 pounds but I'm still single! What next?

Maybe I'm a little out of touch with the dating game, but I don't think Dr. Neil Clark Warren founded Weight Watchers. Not that I really believe the 29 dimensions of compatibility work - I know of a couple who were matched through that system that were on opposite ends of the political spectrum. Needless to say, that didn't work out.

I can only assume three things about the person who created that blurb to appear on the MSN front page:

1) They are not, and never have been fans of Sir Mix-a-Lot.
2) They own stock in Hardee's, which has recently rolled out it's hurking breakfast burrito, and want to try to get back some business from young people trying to lose weight to impress the opposite sex.
3) As a kid, they were partial to the Sesame Street sketch where Bert and Ernie are fishing and Ernie just yells and the fish jump in the boat.

On a side note, today I found a component in our database at work that had a note: "NOT EPA APPROVED OR DISAPPROVED".
I changed it to read: "THE EPA DOESN'T GIVE A RIP."

Counting down the days to Presidents' Day,
The Krunchy Krab

No comments: