Thursday, August 10, 2006

Ahh memories


The year: 1988
Location: The roof of my parent's woodshed
Participants: Myself, Neal Kloke (future star quarterback of the AHS football team), and my Fisher Price Kid-Korder tape recorder with microphone.

Picture this if you will: We are two 9 year old boys armed with a tape recorder. We're bored. What should we do? Idea! Take 2 yard waste garbage bags, and cut arm and leg holes in them. Then climb up to the roof, don the garbage bags as costumes, and hit 'record' on the tape recorder. Commence performing "I Heard it Through the Grapevine" as adapted for the california raisins commercial, complete with solos and choreography.

I'm so glad the woodshed was surrounded by trees.
I'm also glad I lost that tape.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Don't worry, we'll find it.