Monday, February 23, 2009

Another milestone....

Well, I came here to make a random post, and randomly noticed that this will be my 200th post... I'm not sure this post is worthy of being my 200th, but here goes.

I was wondering this morning... in this age of computers, PDAs, mechanical pencils, and digital voice memos, do typical school classrooms still have the classic metal, super rugged manual pencil sharpeners mounted by the door?

I'm not talking about an electric pencil sharpener, I mean the one where you could feel the steel, where you could just tell as you turned the handle that it was a finely constructed, miniature wood chipping machine. You know, the one from which emanates that pleasant aroma of freshly ground #2 pencil lead and wood? I've included some gratuitous photos below for your nostalgic viewing pleasure. If you put your nose right up to the monitor you might smell the wood.


Happy sharpening everyone!
-The Krunchy Krab

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow...